- 14 ounce coconut milk (or 1 cup freshly squeezed coconut milk ftom grated mature coconut flesh)
- 1 knob ginger, roughly chopped and smashed
- 1/2 pound pork belly, cut into strips
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons uncooked shrimp paste
- 15 pieces siling haba (finger hot peppers), stemmed and cut diagonally
- 4 pieces siling labuyo (Thai chili peppers), finely chopped
- 1/4 kakang gata (cream of coconut)
- Combine coconut milk and ginger in a deep skillet over medium high heat. Bring to a boil.
- Add pork, garlic and onion. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add shrimp paste and hot peppers. Continue cooking for another 25 minutes or until the pork is tender.
- Add cream of coconut and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm with rice.
Source: Filipino Food Aficionado
Share It To Your Friends!