- 2 lbs pork shoulder or pork butt
- 2 tbsp pork rub (1 tbsp paprika, 1 tbsp dried garlic, 1 tbsp onion powder, 1/2 tbsp salt, 1/4 tbsp pepper)
- 1 1/2 bottle light beer such as Coors or Budweiser
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 tbsp oregano, preferably Mexican
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 large bay leaf
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Cut pork into 1 1/2 inch chunks and rub generously with pork rub.
- Preheat olive oil in a heavy skillet or a Dutch oven, working in batches brown pork chunks a few min on each side. Set aside.
- To the same Dutch oven, add beer, orange juice, onion and garlic. Season with oregano, cumin and bay leaf. Bring to a simmer and return pork.
- Cook on medium low heat for 1 1/2 hours. Add salt if necessary.
- Remove pork from the pot and pull it into small pieces.
- Meanwhile, reduce the cooking liquid to about 1/2 cups. Return pulled pork.
- Let brown, undisturbed, about 3 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy
Source: Olives And Garlic
Share It To Your Friends!