- 2x 150g premium grade beef sirloin fillet, trimmed
- 80ml Japanese soy sauce
- 40ml mirin
- 30ml cooking sake
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp raw sugar
- 20ml vegetable oil
- 1 oriental cucumber, finely diced
- 2 tbsp daikon, finely diced
- watercress leaves
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 20ml rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds, roasted
- Combine soy, mirin and sake in a saucepan and bring to boil. Add garlic and ginger and simmer for about 10 mins or until slightly reduced. Add sugar and simmer for another 5 mins or until the sauce has thickened and turned glossy. Turn off the heat and set aside to cool.
- Pour the sauce over the beef fillets and leave to marinate for 10-15 mins.
- Heat oil in a pan over high heat. Take the marinated beef (keep the marinade juice) and place them on the pan to cook for 2 mins before turning the meat over. Cook for another 2 mins. Remove from the heat and rest the beef for 6 mins.
- Pour the reserved marinade juice into the pan and glaze it with the beef juices for 3 mins or until reduced. Then pour the sauce over the meat.
- In a large bowl, combine diced cucumber, daikon and watercress leaves together. Add sugar, vinegar and sesame oil. Toss and mix well.
- Slice the beef fillets across the grain and arrange on serving plates. Spoon the cucumber salad on top of the beef and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
Source: Burp Appetit
Share It To Your Friends!