Adobadong Pantat / Adobong Hito (Stewed Catfish) Recipe
- 1 pc. large size catfish, cleaned and cut into 1.5 to 2 inches length
- 3/4 cup coconut vinegar
- 3 tsps. achuete (annatto) powder
- 1 can gata (coconut milk)
- 2 –3 tbsps. olive oil
- 2 – 3 tbsps. patis (fish sauce)
- 3 – 4 pcs. bay leaves
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
- 1/2 cup red onions, chopped
- 3 tbsps. ginger, chopped
- 10 pcs. whole black peppers
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 stalk fresh spring onions, chopped
- 2-3 pcs. red or green hot chili peppers (optional)
- Arrange half of the spices (garlic, onions and ginger) at the bottom of the pan as bedding.
- Arrange the sliced catfish. Pour vinegar, coconut milk, olive oil and patis (fish sauce).
- Sprinkle the remaining half of the spices and whole black pepper corns. Add bay leaves.
- Cook in medium fire until sauce thickens. Carefully turn each slice of fish little after the sauce started boiling. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add hot chili peppers (optional) when it is about to finish cooking.
- Transfer in serving plate and garnish with spring onions.
- Serve hot with rice.
Source: Tilawan Ta
Adobadong Pantat / Adobong Hito (Stewed Catfish) Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Friday, January 27, 2017 Rating: