- 1kg tulya (clams)
- 1tbsp oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ inch ginger, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 fish stock cube (bouillon)
- 2 birds eye chilli
- 1 small green papaya, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups chilli leaves
- Thoroughly wash the tulya, then place in a bowl, cover with water and leave for a few hours for the clams to release the sand.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat, add the onion and ginger and cook for about 2 minutes or unit golden.
- Add the onion and tomato and cook a further 2 to 3 minutes, until the tomato softens.
- Pour the water into the saucepan and add the stock cube and chilli. Bring to the boil.
- Add the tulya and papaya. Allow to simmer until the clams open halfway and the papaya softens. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat then add the chilli leaves and let it sit for 1 minute.
- Serve with rice.
Source: It's More Yum In The Philippines
Share It To Your Friends!