- 1 pound of mini bell peppers
- 2 onions
- 2 carrots
- 1/4 cup rice (I used organic basmati)
- 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Tablespoons tomato paste
- handful of fresh parsley
- Boil 1/4 cup of rice in a little sauce pan with water.
- Chop 1 onion and grate 2 carrots. set a side.
- Cut the tops of the bell peppers.
- Grind 1 pound of boneless and skinless thighs and 1 onion. To the meat add cooked rice, 1 Tablespoon of salt, 1/2 Tablespoon of pepper, and 2 Tablespoons of tomato paste. Mix all together.
- Heat up 2 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a pan. Sauté the chopped onion and carrots, stir occasionally until onion starts to soften; about 3-4 minutes. Stir in 2 Tablespoons of tomato paste and 1/4 cup of water. Mix well and turn off the heat.
- Fill a medium sized pot with water and bring to a boil.
- Stuff the peppers with meat, dropping them in the boiled water. (The water must be hot, or the meat will fall apart) If you have meat left over you can make meatballs and drop them into the boiled water with peppers.
- Carefully add the sautéd vegetables into the pot with peppers. Add water if necessary, should cover all the peppers (and meatballs if any).
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover, and let simmer for 40-45 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, and sprinkle with a handful of chopped parsley.
Share It To Your Friends!