- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking powder
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 cups evaporated milk or water
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 1 cup powdered milk
- 3 large, whole eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1/2 box cheddar cheese or itlog maalat or quail eggs (according to your preference) – cut into small strips
- 1/2 kilo ground pork or beef
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 piece small onion (minced)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- a pinch of salt
- For the batter: In a mixing bowl, pour the flour, baking powder, sugar, and powdered milk then mix well. Add the evaporated milk, condensed milk, butter, and eggs then mix well until well blended. Set aside.
- For the filling: Saute garlic until golden brown, followed by the onion. Add the ground beef/pork and stir for 3 minutes. Cook until liquid has reduced or it becomes dry.
- In a cup of muffins, pour a small amount of batter then add at least a tablespoon of filling. Add more batter until the cup is 3/4 full (almost full). Top it with cheese and itlog maalat.
- Steam the cups for 20-25 minutes. Then ready to serve.
Share It To Your Friends!