- 2 lbs. pork belly or buto-buto
- 1 tali ng kangkong (water spinach)
- 3 tbsp. patis (fish sauce)
- 1 tali ng sitaw (string beans), cut into 2 inches long
- 2 pcs. medium size kamatis (tomatoes), cut into dice
- 3 pcs. siling haba (green long chili)
- 2 ltr of water
- 1 pc. malaking pulang sibuyas (red onion)
- 2 pcs. gabi (taro roots), cut into cubes
- 5 pcs. okra, cut into half
- 1 pc. large talong (eggplant), sliced
- 1 pack of sinigang mix (good for 2 ltr of water)
- 2 tbsp. mantika (oil)
- Preheat the casserole and add the oil.
- Sauté the sliced red onion until become translucent.
- Add and sauté the pork belly until light brown.
- Pour in 2 ltr of water, add gabi and tomatoes. Simmer for 30 mins.or until the meat becomes tender.
- Add the sinigang mix, okra, talong and sitaw and simmer for 5 to 8 mins.
- Add the kangkong and siling haba. Turn off the fire.
- Serve hot with rice. Bon apettit!
Source: Jeepney Recipes
Share It To Your Friends!