- 2 cups pineapple tidbits
- 1 cup seeded thinly sliced ampalaya or bittergourd (you can make it 2 cups if you love ampalaya)
- 1 can tuna (preferably Solid in Water variant)
- 1 large size white onion, sliced
- Cold Pineapple juice, saved from the tidbits (optional)
- 2-3 tablespoons Salt
- Salt, sugar and pepper (optional)
- How to make Pineapple, Ampalaya and Tuna Salad
- In a bowl, mix salt and ampalaya. Make sure they are thoroughly mixed. use your hands if need. Leave for about 30 minutes.
- Squeeze out the ampalaya juices then wash the ampalaya with water. You can also soak the ampalaya in pineapple juice for 15 minutes or so
- When done, place pineapples, ampalaya, onions and tuna and give it a toss.
- You can make flavor adjustments using salt, sugar and pepper.
- Store in the fridge for at least and hour. Serve cold.
Share It To Your Friends!