- 1/2 kilo ground beef
- 10 pieces boiled and peeled quail eggs (variation: 3 hotdogs-sliced)
- 1 medium sized carrots (cut into small cubes)
- 2 medium sized potatoes (cut into small cubes)
- 1 medium sized green bell & 1 red bell pepper (cut into small cubes)
- 2 tablespoons of raisins
- 1 medium sized onion (minced)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable/canola oil
- 2 tablespoons of patis (fish sauce)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- salt to taste
- Saute the garlic, followed by the onion and the ground beef. Add the patis and stir to blend the flavor. Let it simmer until the liquid is reduced.
- Add the potatoes, carrots and raisins. Let it simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the bell pepper, and black pepper. Stir to blend well. Add also a pinch of salt and brown sugar if desired/necessary though the raisins will give the gentle sweetness to the ground beef guisado, you might want to make it a little sweeter.
- Let it simmer for 3-5 minutes. Ready to serve and garnish. Serve it with steamed rice.
Share It To Your Friends!