- 2 lbs of chicken (thighs, drumsticks with or without bones)
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 small tomato chopped
- 5-6 garlic clove chopped
- 1″ ginger chopped
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 green chilli halved (optional)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 dime sized tamarind
- 1/2 tsp whole cumin seeds
- 2 potatoes cleaned and quartered
- 1 cup of water
- salt to taste
- Clean, wash and apply salt, ginger and garlic to the chicken pieces and keep aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the tamarind ball to the cup of water and let soak.
- Heat oil in a pot add onions and saute till soft. Next add the green chilli, cumin, red chilli powder, turmeric and tomato and saute till the tomato softens.
- Next add the chicken and saute for 4-5 minutes till well coated with the spices.
- To this add tamarind water, cut potatoes and season with salt. Cover and cook on medium heat for 30-35 minutes. Check in between and stir.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with rice or bread.
Source: Goan Imports
Share It To Your Friends!