- 1 Kilo fresh clams, clean very well
- 1 block soft tofu, sliced
- 100 gms mustard greens, cleaned, chopped
- 5 slices fresh ginger
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 T canola oil
- 5 T minced garlic ( we prefer garlicky flavor, lessen if you prefer)
- 4 T Chinese cooking wine
- 5 C water
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a cooking pan or wok, saute ginger slices in oil until fragrant. Add in the onions and garlic. Saute until fragrant but not burnt.
- Add in the clams. Cover for a minute. Then add in the Chinese cooking wine. Cover for another minute.
- Add in the water. Cover and let boil.
- When the shells of the clams are fully opened, then the soup is ready. Drop in the soft tofu and mustard greens. Let boil, and cook for a while, add salt and pepper according to taste. Ladle up and serve as soon as possible. The clam meat will shrink if cooked for a long time. Discard shells that did not open.
Source: Heart And Hearth
Share It To Your Friends!