- 300g roast pork (siew yoke), sliced 05cm-1cm thickness
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 5 garlic cloves, smashed/crushed
- 1/2 thumb ginger, matchsticks
- 4 dried chilies, soaked and (halves if you prefer spicy)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dark soy sauce (my dad uses the liquify type of dark soy sauce)
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour (mix with water – to give shine)
- 2 teaspoons Shaoxing wine
- 1 spring onions, chopped
- dash of pepper
- In a medium heat wok, pour vegetable oil and sesame oil.
- Add ginger, onion, garlic and dried chilies. Stir-fry in high heat until fragrant.
- Add sliced roast pork and stir-fry for about 2 minutes in medium heat.
- Next, add dark soy sauce and sugar and pepper (as many as you need). Stir-fry again.
- Finally add Shaoxing wine, tapioca flour+water mixture (some) and chopped spring onions. Stir-fry for a minute more and plate. The tapioca flour+water mixture is to give shine to the dish. Add more if you want more shine.
- Serve warm with rice.
Source: Messy Witchen
Share It To Your Friends!