- 2 heads broccoli
- 4 tablespoons butter (no substitutes)
- ⅓ cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2½ cups cubed cooked ham
- 1 (3oz can) sliced mushrooms (drained)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut broccoli into florets.Steam over boiling salted water (covered) 10-12 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a medium saucepane over medium heat.
- Wisk in flour until smooth.
- Gradually add milk, wisking constantly until mixture starts to thicken.
- Add cheese and sour cream, stirring well until cheese is melted and sour cream is incorporated.(DO NOT BOIL)
- Stir in broccoli, ham , and mushrooms into cheese sauce and pour into 2 quart prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs over casserole .
- Cut 1 tablespoon butter into small pieces and sprinkle evenly over breadcrumbs.
- Bake uncovered 40-45 minutes.
Source: Girl Raised In The South
Share It To Your Friends!