- 2 large crabs, chopped in half
- Olive oil
- 2 -3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 white onion, finely chopped
- 4 thin slivers of ginger
- 2-3 cups of home made chicken or beef broth, (boiling)
- 2-3 tablespoons Kikkoman soy sauce
- 2-3 tablespoons oyster sauce (I suggest to use Lee Kum Kee)
- 1-3 tablespoons sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vermicelli noodles, softened in hot water, drained and rinsed in cold water, to prevent sticking
- Cilantro leaves for garnish
- In medium heat, saute onions and ginger in olive oil. When onions are soft, add the chopped garlic. Saute just until fragrant, do not brown.
- Add the crabs to the pan (at this point, my crabs were so fresh, they were still moving even if they were already chopped in half!)
- Add the boiling soup stock. This is to prevent the pan from losing its heat.
- Add Kikkoman, oyster sauce, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Simmer until crabs are almost cooked. Adjust seasoning at this point.
- Add the vermicelli noodles and cook for a few more minutes.
- When cooked and most of the broth has been absorbed by the noodles, remove from heat.
- Serve on a platter and garnish with cilantro leaves.
Source: Le Fang Le Kwatsa
Share It To Your Friends!