- 1 pack (150-200g) large peeled prawns
- 1 dessertspoon light soy sauce
- 1 dessertspoon Chinese cooking wine (or dry sherry)
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1 large red chilli, seeded and sliced
- 1 green pepper, seeds and membrane removed, cut into 2-3cm squares
- 1 tbs sunflower, vegetable or groundnut oil
- 3 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese Cooking wine (or dry sherry)
- First of all, mix the prawns with the dessertspoons of wine and soy and set aside while you prepare the other ingredients. This can be done in advance, but you don't have to give them a good long marinating time as they shouldn't need any tenderising!
- Mix together the tomato ketchup and the tablespoons of wine and soy.
- Prepare the ginger, chilli, spring onion and peppers.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan and stir-fry the veg for 2-3 minutes. Add the prawns and mix well, then stir fry for 2 more minutes. Stir in the sauce mixture, mix well and bring to the boil.
Source: Onions And Paper
Share It To Your Friends!