- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 green bell peppers, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 1/4 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 pounds rib-eye steak, sliced thin
- 3/4 loaf Italian bread, cut into 1 inch cubes (about 3/4 pound)
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 12 ounces beer
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded American cheese (I chopped up slices of American cheese)
- 8 ounces provolone cheese, sliced
- Hot sauce to drizzle, optional
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a skillet over medium-low heat; add the bell pepper and onion to the skillet; season with 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cook until soft, about 20 minutes; set aside.
- Pour the remaining tablespoon olive oil into the skillet and raise the heat to medium; add the sliced steak to the hot oil. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cook until steak is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Arrange the bread cubes in the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Layer the steak on the bread then top with the pepper and onion mixture. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Whisk in the flour to make a paste. Pour in the beer, whisking until there are no lumps. Stir in the 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, and soy sauce. As the mixture thickens, pour in the milk. Add the Monterey Jack and American cheese; stir until the cheese is melted.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the assembled ingredients in the baking pan. Top with provolone cheese slices.
- Bake casserole until the provolone cheese melts, about 20 minutes. Drizzle each serving with some hot sauce, if you like.
Source: I Sing In The Kitchen
Share It To Your Friends!