- 1 K. Beef Shank, boiled until tender
- 4 C. Beef broth
- 2 T. Atchuete oil ( 2T. Atsuete seeds/3 T. oil.)
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add the seeds and wait until color has been rendered from the atchuete. Strain and set aside.
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 inch knob of ginger, pounded
- 2 T. Fish sauce
- 1 t. Black peppercorn
- 1/4 K. Unripe langka
- 1/4 K. Batwan
- 2 stalks lemongrass, bulb pounded
- 2 pcs. Green siling haba
- Salt and fish sauce to taste.
- Sauté garlic, onion and ginger in Atsuete oil. When the onion is wilted, add beef and fish sauce and continue sautéing for a few minutes.
- Add the broth and peppercorn. When it boils, drop the Batwan and langka.
- Simmer on low heat for 30 minutes or until the Batwan is soft. Mash the fruit with the back of the spoon.
- Add the lemongrass and green siling haba.
- Season with additional salt and fish sauce according to taste.
Source: Lia's Food Journey
Share It To Your Friends!