- 1/2 kilo Baby Squid
- 5 cloves garlic, finely minced
- Calamansi juice from 4-5 fruits
- 1 tsp. chopped ginger
- Olive oil
- Bay leaf/laurel
- Soy sauce
- Ground black pepper
- Paprika/Chili Powder
- Clean the squid by removing the "plastic" portion and the ink sac. Just set aside the squid ink for your adobong pusit recipe.
- Wash the squid thoroughly and let drain. If you could "sun-dry" the squid for an hour, much better
- Over a low-heated pan, add the olive oil then saute the garlic and ginger.
- Add squid and laurel bay leaf then stir fry for about two minutes making sure even cooking. Add more olive oil if necessary.
- Season with salt, soy sauce, black pepper, and paprika/chili powder.
- Add calamansi juice one teaspoon at a time, tasting the flavor after and the adjust it more or less.
- When flavor is to your liking, add more olive oil and then cook for a minute or two.
- Garnish with fried garlic and greens.
Source : Ilo-Ilo Food Trip
Share It To Your Friends!