- 1 pounds rack baby back pork ribs about 3
- 2 tangerines coarsely chopped
- 1 cup tangerine juice
- 1 cup orange blossom honey
- cup ¼ hoisin sauce
- cup ¼ toasted sesame oil
- 1 clove large garlic coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tangerine zest
- 1 inch knob fresh ginger peeled and coarsely chopped, 2-
- 1 teaspoon Szechuan peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five- spice powder
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek or your favorite chili pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped tangerine peel for garnish
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley or cilantro for ganish
- Cut baby back ribs into portions that will fit into your slow cooker.
- Add the sesame oil, garlic, ginger, peppercorns and tangerine zest to the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Place ribs on top of seasonings
- Add tangerine juice, honey, hoisin, chili pepper sauce and five spice powder to slow cooker pouring over ribs. Don't worry it will all come together.
- Set timer for 4 hours on fast or 6-7 hours on slow. Ribs should be cooked till tender, not falling off the bone.
- Remove liquid from slow cooker when the time goes off and place in a small saucepan.
- Allow liquid to reduce by half, or until nicely thickened. You want the sauce to seriously cling to the ribs.
- Brush generous amounts of sauce on ribs, serve and enjoy!
- * you can place them in the broiler for a few minutes if you like, but I don't think they need it.
Source: Ask Chef Dennis
Share It To Your Friends!