- 1 kilo or 2 pounds beef spare ribs
- 4 cups water
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 to 2 tsps chili flakes
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- spring onions
- Rinse the ribs in cold water to get rid of blood and bone fragments.
- Gently place the ribs in a heavy bottomed stock pot filled halfway with vigorously boiling water (not the 4 cups of water in the ingredients list) on high heat. Let it blanch for 10 minutes without reducing the heat.
- Take off heat, drain the ribs (throwing out the water it was boiled in), wash and set aside.
- Clean the stock pot, put the ribs back in, add the rest of the ingredients (this is the 4 cups of water in the ingredients list) and bring it back to a boil.
- Once boiling, turn the heat down to low. Cover the pot and simmer for an hour
- After an hour, the ribs should be tender. If not, continue simmering for another 15 minutes or so before taking off heat.
- Sprinkle with spring onions on top and serve with rice.
Source: Adobo Flavour Shop
Share It To Your Friends!