- 4 pounds spareribs, trimmed to fit into slow cooker, cut in 2-rib portions
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 small red potatoes, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 small onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 (1-pound) package refrigerated sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 2 small red apples, cored and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds, coarsely crushed
- In large nonstick skillet brown ribs in oil over high heat. Place in 3 1/2 to 4-quart slow cooker with potatoes, onion, sauerkraut and apples.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over.
- Cook, covered, on Low 6 to 8 hours (or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours).
Source: Cook Recipes
Share It To Your Friends!