- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 3 spring onion stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, chopped into small squares
- 1 green capsicum, cut into small squares
- 1/2 kg pork mince
- 1/2 kg chicken mince
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle relish
- 2 raw eggs
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 230g can vienna sausage
- 4 eggs, hard boiled
- aluminum foil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the carrots, spring onion, capsicum, pickle relish, raisins, onion, cheese, chicken and pork in a big bowl.
- Next, add the breadcrumbs, ketchup, and break in the 2 raw eggs and mix thoroughly.
- On a separate plate, slice the hard boiled eggs. Slice the vienna sausages.
- The size of your embutido depends on how big your steamer is. With this in mind, cut up the aluminum foil into rectangles.
- Arrange the meat mixture into the centre of the foil. Then place an embutido slice and egg slice side by side, forming a line across the mix.
- Fold the aluminum foil over, then roll, folding both edges to close.
- Then squeeze both edges to seal the meat loaf.
- Steam your embutido for an hour.
- Store the embutido in the ref for the pieces you are eating relatively soon, and freeze the rest.
- Serve sliced and can be eaten cold, or fried til lightly browned (I prefer the fried variety).
Source: Adobong Blog
Share It To Your Friends!