- 1 cup crabmeat (fake or the real, tasty lump crabmeat)
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup spring onions
- 1 tbs grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs cajun seasoning (the original recipe called for Old Bay seasoning, dry mustard and worcesteshire sauce)
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
For the batter:
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup beer (or club soda), chilled
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbs cajun seasoning
- vegetable oil for deep frying
- Combine crab meat, breadcrumbs, spring onions and lemon zest in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix mayonnaise, seasonings and lemon juice. Gently fold in mayonnaise mixture into crab mixture until thoroughly combined. Set aside
- In another bowl, stir together batter ingredients. Mix with a fork until combined (lumps are ok).
- Heat vegetable in a saucepan.
- Form crab mixture into balls (about 1 inch or 1 tbs scoop). Coat crab balls with batter, one by one, then carefully lay into hot oil. Turn fluffs frequently to brown evenly, about 2 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Serve immediately or keep warm in oven for up to 30 minutes.
Source: Cafe Nilson
Share It To Your Friends!