- 1/2 cp olive oil
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tb ground cumin
- 2 tbs mexican oregano, hand crushed (i put in my palms and rub my hands together over bowl)
- 2 tb california chile powder
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper, or to taste
- 2 tbs white vinegar
- 2 tbs tequila (optional, but i like the added layer of flavor)
- 2 lbs flank or skirt steak
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 avocados, cubed
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, stems removed and leaves chopped
- 1 - 2 dozen corn tortillas
- Combine the marinade ingredients and mix well. Place the steak in a large ziplock baggie. Pour in the marinade and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 5 hours (but it's tastier if you double that time).
- Remove steak from refrigerator 15- 20 minutes before grilling so that it comes up to room temperature (Straight from the fridge to grill will cause the steak to stick to the grill).
- Grill on high heat for 5 -6 minutes on each side. Remove and let stand 5 minutes.
- Warm tortillas over the hot grill or on the stove top. Chop steak. Take a tortilla, add steak, cubed avocado, chopped cilantro leaves, onion slices and enjoy!
Source: Confessions Of A Foodie
Share It To Your Friends!