- 4 bone-in pork chops, about 1-1/2 lbs. total weight
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 T. canola oil
- 4 c. soft bread cubes, about 1/2'' size
- 2 T. chopped onion
- 1/4 c. water
- 1/4 c. melted butter
- 1/4 tsp. dried sage
- 1 10.75-oz. can low sodium cream of mushroom soup
- 1/3 c. water
- 1 T. soy sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Sprinkle pork chops lightly with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork chops and brown both sides. Do not cook completely. Transfer browned pork chops to an oven safe baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, fold together bread crumbs, onion, butter, 1/4 cup water, and sage. Place a mound of stuffing on each chop. In another medium bowl, blend soup, 1/3 cup water, and soy sauce. Pour over the stuffing. Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper. Bake for 1-1/2 to 2 hours, or until pork chops are tender.
- This can also be prepared a few hours before baking time. Simply prepare the dish entirely, without baking it. Cover and refrigerate. Take the dish out of the refrigerator about 2 hours before serving time and preheat oven. Baking time may be a bit longer since it was refrigerated, but it also depends on the size of the pork chops, etc.
Source: A Farmgirl's Dabbles
Share It To Your Friends!