- 2 lbs beef rib eye, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 cup water
- 7 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3-4 Tbsp sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp mirin
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Pat the beef slices with paper towel to absorb some of the blood.
- In a blender, puree the applesauce with half of the sliced onion. Using a coffee filter, squeeze the puree through it to get the clear juice, discarding the filter and what's left in it.
- Add beef and clear juices to a bowl and mix with your hands. Rest for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade. Add to the beef and mix by hand. Marinate in the refrigerator overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Bring a medium skillet to temperature over medium-high heat. Add the beef to the pan and stir as the meat cooks, approximately 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a small skillet, heat 1 tsp olive oil. Add the other half of the sliced onion with salt and pepper.
- Serve your Bulgogi meat with its juice over rice immediately and top with onions.
Source: Cake N Knife
Share It To Your Friends!