- 1 1/2 cups Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup (half of 1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- about 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 1/2 to 2-inch pieces (boneless skinless chicken breasts may be substituted)
- 1/2 cup honey, or to taste
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard (grainy or spicy brown mustard may be substituted)
- Preheat oven to 400F, line a baking sheet with aluminum foil (for easier cleanup), and spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- To a large, shallow bowl, add the breadcrumbs, parmesan, salt, pepper, and mix to combine; set aside.
- To a medium microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter, about 30 seconds on high power.
- Dip chicken in butter, then in crumb mixture, patting to help the coating adhere. Place coated chicken on prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture over chicken.
- Bake for about 30 to 33 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through in the center and exterior is lightly golden browned. The bottom sides will become browner than the tops. Cooking time will vary based on exact size of chicken pieces, how heavily the coating was applied, oven and climate variances, etc. Bake until done. While chicken bakes, make the honey mustard dipping sauce.
- To a medium bowl add the honey, mustards, whisk to combine, taste and check for flavor balance, adding more honey or mustard to taste if necessary; set aside until ready to serve with chicken. Nuggets are best warm and fresh but will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 4 months. Honey mustard will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Source: Averie Cooks
Share It To Your Friends!