- 1 (14 fluid oz) can coconut milk (Do not shake!)
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable stock
- 1 large sweet potato, diced into ½ inch cubes
- 8 oz. raw shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 2 mangoes, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 cup Thai basil leaves
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, bruised
- 1 cup jasmine rice, prepared according to package directions
- Scoop the cream at the top of the can of coconut milk (about halfway down), and add it to a large fry pan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir in curry paste and turn heat down to low. Simmer, without stirring, until fragrant and coconut cream starts to release oil, about 3-5 minutes. Add the rest of coconut milk and vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and add sweet potato cubes. Cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Add shrimp and mango and cook until shrimp turns opaque in the center, about 3 minutes. Stir often.
- Season with fish sauce and sugar (taste curry and add more fish sauce if desired). Add Thai basil and kaffir lime leaves, and remove from heat.
- Allow to sit for at least an hour before serving, as the curry becomes thicker and more flavorful with time. Serve with jasmine rice.
Source:Mj And Hungryman
Share It To Your Friends!