- Saucy Chicken Pizza Rolls
- ¾ lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 (13.8 oz.) refrigerated pizza dough tube
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1½ cups Classico Riserva Eggplant & Artichoke Pasta Sauce
- 10-12 fresh basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Season the chicken with the salt, pepper and Italian seasoning and bake for 15-20 minutes until the center is no longer pink.
- Remove from the oven, cool slightly and shred.
- On a lightly floured board, spread out the pizza and roll out just slightly until you have a 9” x 12” rectangle.
- Spread the sauce evenly over the dough leaving a ½“ border along the edges.
- Cover the sauce with the mozzarella cheese, then the chicken and then the fresh basil leaves.
- Roll the dough up from the long side of the rectangle making a 12” long tube.
- Cut the tube into 9 even slices, about 1½“ thick each then stand up the slices with the cut sides showing in an 8”x8” baking dish that’s been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes, then uncover and bake another 5-8 minutes until the tops are browned and crispy.
Share It To Your Friends!