- 1 kilo pork ribs, chopped to serving sizes
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 1 bundle yardlong beans (sitaw), cut into 2-inch strips
- 10 pcs okra, heads removed, cut into 2-inch slices
- 2 pcs medium-sized eggplant, cut into 2-inch slices
- 5 pcs taro root (gabi), peeled and cubed
- 1 pc radish (labanos), peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 bundle kangkong, leaves detached, young stems cut into 2-inch slices
- 5 pcs finger chilis (siling pangsigang)
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce (patis)
- 1 pack sinigang mix 1 pouch (115 g)
- DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- water for simmering
- Place pork, onion, seasonings, and water in a large pot. Bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer pork until tender.
- Add taro roots and sinigang mix. Simmer until the root crop is soft, but firm.
- Add all the vegetables (except the kangkong leaves) and Del Monte Original Style Tomato Sauce. Simmer for about 5 minutes. Taste and add more seasonings, if needed.
- Turn off the heat and add the kangkong leaves.
- Serve with steamed rice.
Source: Luto Ni Lola
Share It To Your Friends!