- 250 Gms Large Prawns (Peeled and Deveined)
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp White Vinegar
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder (Divided into 2 parts)
- 200 ml Coconut Milk
- 3 Tbsp Yogurt
- 1 Green Chilli (Chopped)
- 2 Sprigs Curry Leaves
- 2 medium sized Onions (Finely Chopped)
- 2 medium sized Tomatoes (Finely Chopped)
- 8-10 Garlic Cloves (Crushed)
- 5 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- Salt To Taste
- Marinate the large prawns with Salt, ¼ Tsp Turmeric Powder, Black Pepper Powder and Vinegar for around 30 mins – 1 hr.
- Take 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil in a wok and fry the prawns till light golden brown in colour. (Fry only the prawns discarding the liquid released during marination). Set aside.
- Take 4 Tbsp Coconut Oil in the wok and fry the Onions, Garlic, Tomatoes , Curry Leaves(Discard the stem) and Green Chillies and sauté for around 10-15 mins or till the tomatoes are cooked.
- Take it off the flame and Puree the mixture in a mixer or with a blender.
- Add the pureed mixture back to the wok. Now add the coconut milk , Yogurt , Rest of the Turmeric Powder and Salt as per the gravy and mix well.
- Add in the fried prawns and cook till it starts to boil.
- Reduce flame and cook covered on low flame till the prawns are softened and the gravy is of creamy texture.
- Remove from flame and serve hot with Steamed Rice.
Source: Giggling Spoons
Share It To Your Friends!