- 1 1/2 kilo chicken, cut-up
- 2 tbsp. cooking oil or unsalted butter
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 3 tbsp. curry powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Add the onions.
- Raise the heat to very low and cook, stir frequently, until golden and soft,
- Add the garlic and fresh ginger.
- Stir in the curry powder, ground ginger, black pepper, and raise the heat to medium and cook about 20 seconds.
- Add in the coconut milk and water, then add the chicken pieces, submerging them in the liquid. Raise the heat to medium-high and bring to a simmer and cover.
- Reduce the heat to low, and cook slowly for about 30 minutes or until the chicken is very tender or almost falling off the bone.
- Remove any visible fat off the surface of the sauce. And serve.
Share It To Your Friends!