- 1/2 lb. pork, sliced
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 squash, cubed
- 2 cups sliced okra
- 2 cups 1-1/2 inch long cut sitaw (yard long beans)
- 2 eggplants, sliced
- 1 ampalaya (bitter gourd and/or bitter melon), sliced
- 1 to 1-1/2 cup water
- 2 to 3 tbsp. bagoong alamang (salted shrimp paste)
- In a large, deep skillet (or casserole), heat oil over medium heat. Cook pork until it turns slightly brown.
- Stir in garlic, onions and tomatoes. Sauté for a few minutes until tomatoes wilted.
- Add squash and okra, stir-fry for a minute or two and then add the rest of the vegetables. Gently stir to combine.
- Pour in water and add the bagoong alamang, and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer covered over low heat until vegetables are tender. Be sure not to overcook it. You may wish to correct the taste by adding a little bit of bagoong alamang. Gently stir to blend.
- Immediately remove from heat. Transfer to a serving dish. Serve hot.
Source: Filipino Recipe Sites
Share It To Your Friends!