for palabok are:
- 227 grams bihon (rice noodles)
- Original Gravy ( Palabok ) Mix (from mama sita)
- 2 cups of water
- 2 table spoons cooking oil
- 1 table spoons minced garlic
- 1/2 pound minced pork
- 2 boiled eggs (peeled and sliced)
- 1/2 cup boiled and peeled shrimps
- 1/2 cup crushed cracklings (chicharon)
- ¼ cup atsuete seeds also known as annat seeds
- ¾ cup water
- Two cups shrimp juice
- six or seven tablespoons flour
- salt or patis and pepper
for palabok Filipino Dish:
- Dissolve the palabok mix in water.
- While doing this you can put the Oil in a Wok and Sautee the Garlic.
- When the garlic has a golden brown color you can add the Minced Pork.
- Stir the complete mix in the dissolved palabok mix and bring it to a boil. When it’s thick enough put the noodles in a serving plate and put the sauce over it.
- Finish the dish with some shrimp on top of it, cracklings, some egg and you might try some smoked mackarel as well. Palabok is commonly served with lemon.
- The Astuete seeds are mainly used to give a reddish/orange color to the sauce.
- It should be dissolved in about ¼ cup of water.
- After it’s dissolved it should be strained and add the remaining water with shrimp sauce into a pan.
- Add the flour to the mix and bring it to a cook.
- Finally stir until the sauce is thick and season with salt, pepper or patis to taste.
Source: Filipino Food Dishes
Share It To Your Friends!