- 6 chicken breast fillets
- 6 slices cheese (like Swiss cheese, Gouda etc)
- 6 ham slices, thin
- 4 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 onions
- 2 cups button mushrooms, sliced (canned or fresh)
- 2 Tbsp flour
- ½ cup white wine (optional but highly recommended)
- 2 cups water, hot
- 1 bullion cube
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 1 cup cream
- salt, black pepper
- Seasonings: dry thyme, basil, oregano or majoram
- parsley for garnish
- Pound chicken breast fillets and season with salt.
- Put a slice of cheese and a slice of ham over each fillet. Roll in and close with toothpicks.
- Put oil in a non-stick pan and fry chicken roll ups on all sides until golden. Let cool completely.
- Cut each roll into 1" thick rounds. You will get about 3 rounds from each roll.
- In the meantime, saute onions, add mushrooms and fry until there is almost no liquid left. Add flour and stir. Add ½ cup wine and stir vigorously to prevent lumps from forming. Add 2 cups hot water and cook, stirring, until sauce thickens.
- Add bullion cube, garlic, salt, pepper, and seasonings.
- Transfer the mixture into an oiled bakng dish or an oven proof pan. Arrange chicken rolls on top.
- Bake in 430 F (220 C) oven for about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with garnish before serving.
Source: Kitchen Nostalgia
Share It To Your Friends!