- 1/2 kilo chicken (any part), deboned and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups water or chicken broth
- 1 tbsp patis (fish sauce)
- 1 medium-sized sayote (chayote), chopped
- 1 medium-sized carrots, chopped
- 1 cup young corn, chopped
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower, chopped
- 1 cup chicharo (flat beans), chopped
- 1 medium-sized cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 cup tainga ng daga or black fungus mushroom (optional), chopped
- cornstarch solution (1 cup water + 2 tbsp cornstarch + 3 tbsp soy sauce, mixed thoroughly)
- 4 tbsp oyster sauce (optional)
- kinchay (Chinese parsley), chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, mix chicken pieces, cornstarch, and soy sauce.
- Heat oil in a large pan or wok. Stir-fry chicken pieces until brown.
- Add onion and garlic. Sauté until onion is translucent.
- Add water or chicken broth. Season with patis. Bring to a boil, then simmer over low heat.
- Add all the vegetable except cabbage and kinchay. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add cabbage and black fungus. Cover and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the cornstarch solution, oyster sauce, and kinchay. Season with salt and pepper to your taste. Add more soy sauce if needed. Simmer for a few minutes or until the vegetables are cooked (do not overcook) and the sauce has thickened.
- Serve with rice.
Source:Luto ni Lola
Share It To Your Friends!