- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 to 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (cut in half) and pounded to ¼ inch thick (1 ½ - 2 pounds)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 (8-ounce) package whole mushrooms, sliced thick (approx. 2 ½ to 3 cups)
- ½ cup Marsala wine
- ¼ cup Sherry
- ½ cup heavy cream
- In a shallow dish or bowl, mix together the flour, salt, pepper and oregano. Coat chicken pieces in flour mixture.
- In a large skillet, melt butter in olive oil over medium heat. Place chicken in the pan, and lightly brown on both sides (2 to 3 minutes a side). Remove chicken and keep warm. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add mushrooms, and pour in Marsala wine and Sherry. Add chicken breasts on top. Cover skillet; and simmer chicken on medium to medium-high for 5 minutes. Turn chicken over, and add ½ cup heavy cream and cook an additional 5 minutes or until no longer pink and juices run clear.
Share It To Your Friends!