- 2 Lbs. Skinless & Boneless chicken breast cut into 2 cubes
- 1 Can coconut creme (14oz.)
- 1 Tbs. Patis (fish sauce)
- 1 Medium onion (diced)
- 1 ½ Cups of green and red bell peppers cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 Cup Celery cut in ¾ inch pieces
- 5 Jalapeno peppers (stems removed)
- 3 Potatoes (quartered)
- ¼ Cup ginger (julienned)
- 4 Cloves of garlic (smashed)
- ¼ Tsp. freshly ground peppercorns
- ½ Tbs. Crushed pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 Tbs. Cooking oil
For the Curry Powder:
- ½ Tsp. Cumin
- ½ Tsp. Caraway
- ½ Tbs. Whole White Peppercorns
- 1 Tbs. Coriander
- ¼ Tsp. Nutmeg (powder)
- ½ Tsp. Turmeric (powder)
For the curry powder
- Begin by roasting all whole spices (cumin, caraway, white peppercorns, and coriander) for 1 minute on high heat.
- Once they are roasted, pound them using a mortar & pestle or electric spice grinder if you have one.
- Set aside.
- Lightly season chicken with 5 Tbs. cooking oil and a pinch of salt & pepper.
- Mix well and brown on all sides and set aside.
- Brown potatoes on all sides with 5 Tbs. of cooking oil. Set aside.
- Cook garlic until golden brown using the remaining cooking oil you used to brown potatoes and chicken.
- Add the onions when the garlic is golden brown and let them cook until soft.
- Add the ginger once the onions are soft and stir it well.
- Allow the ginger to cook for one minute and then add the chicken you browned earlier.
- Let the chicken breast saute for one minute and season it with patis (fish sauce).
- Next, add the spices you roasted and pounded earlier along with the ground Nutmeg and ground Turmeric.
- Stir well for half a minute and add the coconut creme. Stir coconut creme, return the cover, and allow it to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Lower your heat and stir coconut creme intermittently during the ten minutes to avoid scorching the coconut creme.
- After 10 minutes add the potatoes, stir well, and let the potatoes cook for 5 minutes.
- After that, add the celery and allow it to cook for 5 minutes before adding the red and green bell peppers.
- When the celery is cooked, add the red and green bell peppers and again let it cook for 5 minutes.
- At this stage, you can do your taste test and adjust accordingly by adding more salt and pepper if needed.
- After that, you are ready for your last and final ingredient which is the 5 Jalapeno peppers.
- Serve Chicken Curry with white steamed rice.
Source: Filipino Food Lovers
Share It To Your Friends!