- 1 packet (2 1/4 teaspoons) of active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (100 to 110 degrees F)
- 6 tablespoons white sugar, divided
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature (plus more for brushing)
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 12 greased brioche tins or muffin pan with muffin cups
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- To activate the yeast, dissolve in warm water (100 to 110 degrees F) and add a tablespoon of sugar. Let sit for about 10 minutes until mixture doubles in volume and foams up. Make sure yeast is activated.
- Sift together flour and salt, set aside. Place butter and sugar in a bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment. Beat on medium to high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula.
- Turn the speed to low-medium, add egg yolks one at a time, beating well with each addition.
- . Add flour-salt mixture alternately with evaporated milk, mix well until incorporated. Slowly add the yeast mixture, mix well.
- Replace the paddle with dough hook and knead the dough until smooth elastic.
- 6.Have the dough rest in a lightly greased bowl. Cover with cloth or plastic wrap and let the dough rise until double in size, about an hour or two.
- Punch down the risen dough and divide equally into 12 portions.
- Flatten each piece using a rolling pin, and brush with melted butter across the middle.
- Roll each piece into a tight log and coil into a spiral-shaped dough. Either place the coiled dough flat on a greased baking sheet, or place in greased brioche molds or muffin cups.
- Let them sit at room temperature to rise, about 45 minutes to an hour. If using muffin cups, place them in a muffin pan (optional) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for about 10 minutes. To prepare the topping, cream together butter and sugar using your electric or handheld mixer. Spread on top of cooled buns (depends on how much you want on them), then sprinkle with shredded cheese. Serve while still warm.
Source: Hungry Brownie
Share It To Your Friends!