For the meatballs:
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp finely diced red onion
- ¼ cup finely diced celery
- ¼ cup finely diced carrot
- 1 lb lean ground chicken
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup breadcrumbs
- ½ cup red hot sauce
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Serve along with celery & carrot sticks as well as ranch or bleu cheese dressing
- In a saute pan, over medium heat, add the 3 Tbsp olive oil, red onion, carrot and celery. Cook until softened. Stir in 1 tsp garlic powder and a little salt & pepper. Allow to cool.
- In a bowl add the ground chicken, egg, breadcrumb and the veggies. Mix until evenly combined. Form into golf ball sized meatballs.
- In the same pan you cooked the veggies, add a little drizzle of olive oil just to coat the bottom of the pan. Cook the meatballs until lightly golden brown on each side. Add the meatballs to a baking dish.
- Bake the meatballs at 385 degrees for about 10 minutes until the meatballs are cooked through.
- In a pot add the red hot sauce, butter and 2 tsp of garlic powder to a pot. Simmer until warmed through. Coat the meatballs and serve.
Source:Le Moine Family Kitchen
Share It To Your Friends!