- 1 cup dried normal/panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp salt
- Japanese seasonings to taste (optional)
- 500g chicken breast schnitzel (uncrumbed) - 4 pieces
- 1 packet of Golden Curry Sauce Mix (Japanese curry cubes)
- 500ml/2 cups hot boiling water
- 4 servings of vegetables of choice (I used 2 cups of frozen mixed vegetables, heated through)
- 4 servings of steamed rice
Baked Chicken Katsu:
- Preheat oven to 180Celsius/350Fahrenheit. Line baking tray with parchment paper and use a cooking spray to lightly grease the surface of the parchment paper. Set aside.
- Pour dry breadcrumbs on a flat plate and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add eggs, salt and Japanese seasonings. Beat the eggs with a fork and set aside.
- Dunk a chicken breast in the egg mixture and the coat it with dry breadcrumbs to cover all surface area. Place the breaded chicken breast on the tray. Repeat with the remaining 3 chicken breasts.
- Lightly spray the breaded chicken with a cooking spray. Bake them in a preheated oven for 15 minutes until the chicken breasts are just cooked through and the exterior has become golden and crispy.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and flip them over to other side and bake for another 10 minutes until both sides are crispy and golden brown. You may need to adjust the baking time to achieve the desired crispness and colour.
- Rest the chicken breasts for a minute or two before slicing into strips using a scissors or knife.
- In a pot, add the Japanese curry mix and boiling water. Simmer over low-medium heat until the sauce thickens. Stir occasionally to ensure the sauce does not stick to the bottom of the pot. The desired the consistency is likened to thickened cream. Feel free to add more water should you prefer more fluid consistency. Set aside.
Source:Fuss Free Cooking
Share It To Your Friends!