- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices of bacon
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 4 tbsp barbecue sauce (use your favorite!)
- 4 oz Colby jack cheese, shredded
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- salt and pepper, optional
- Fry bacon in a large skillet until crispy.
- While bacon is frying, pound chicken breasts to desired thickness. The thinner they are the less cooking time required. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Remove bacon from skillet with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper-towel lined plate.
- Turn heat to medium high and brown chicken on both sides (2 to 3 minutes per side.)
- Pour chicken broth over the chicken breasts and cover skillet with a lid. Cook until chicken is done, about 4 to 5 minutes depending on the thickness of the chicken.
- Turn off heat and spread barbecue sauce on top of each chicken breast.
- Top with two slices of bacon.
- Divide cheese evenly among the chicken.
- Place under the broiler for 30 seconds to 1 minute - just until cheese is fully melted.
- Top with tomato and green onions.
- Serve immediately.
Source:Mom On Timeout
Share It To Your Friends!