- 2 tbsps vegetable oil
- 1½ lb beef chuck, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 small shallots, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsps yellow curry paste
- 3 large Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp fish sauce, or more if needed
- 2 tbsps grated palm sugar
- ½ lb green beans, trimmed and cut into 1½-inch pieces
- Cooked rice, for serving
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat and cook beef until evenly browned on all sides. Transfer to a plate. Add shallots to the pan and cook until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add curry paste and cook for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Return beef and juices to pan. Add potatoes, beef stock, coconut cream, bay leaves, fish sauce, and sugar. Cover and simmer on low heat, stirring occasionally and adding more broth or water if necessary (as the potatoes cook, the curry will thicken up) for about 1 hour or until beef is tender. Stir in string beans and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve with rice.
Source: The Tasty Bite
Share It To Your Friends!