- 1.5 lbs squid ( I used frozen), thawed , backbone removed
- 3 cloves garlic,minced
- 1 piece chili, ( siling labuyo) minced ( you can add more if you prefer more spicy)
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- Drain squid in a colander for about 15 -20 minutes.(This is important because squid produces lots of water during cooking.Draining it beforehand will minimize water production later) Slice each squid into three to four pieces to produce squid rings.
- Heat oil in cooking pan or wok then add in the garlic and pepper. Saute for about two minutes while constantly tossing to prevent the garlic from being burnt.
- Add in the sugar and the soy sauce and stir mixture for 2 minutes. Add in squid and let cook for about 15-20 minutes, until the squid is tender. Stir occasionally. At this stage, squid will produce more water.
- Once the squid is tender, add in ketchup and stir until the ketchup is evenly distributed. Turn off heat and serve hot.
Share It To Your Friends!