- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 1 cup of coriander, finely chopped plus extra to garnish
- 10 chinese chives, finely chopped
- 5 dried shiitake mushrooms, rehydrated and finely chopped
- 2 pcs fresh wombok (chinese cabbage) leaves, finely chopped
- 150 g prawns, peeled and deveined, finely diced
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 20 wonton wrappers
- (Chilli Broth)
- 200 ml chicken stock
- 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 3-4 tsp Chiu Chow chilli oil
- Place all chopped ingredients and diced prawns into a mixing bowl. Add soy sauce, sugar and sesame oil . Mix everything together.
- Set up the wrapping station – a clean bench, a small bowl of water and wonton wrappers. Wrap the wontons by following these simple instructions:
- Place 1 tsp of prawn mixture onto the centre of the wrapper. Using the index finger, lightly wet all sides.
- Fold the bottom corner over the mixture to the top to form a triangle. Press to seal all sides.
- Take the 2 corners of the triangle at the base and pull them towards each other, one to overlap the other.
- Lightly wet the tip and press them together to secure.
- Place wontons in a deep bowl. Bring the chicken stock to a simmer in a saucepan, stir in the oyster sauce and chilli oil. Taste and adjust. Then pour the chilli broth over the wontons.
- Set up the wok to steam. Once the water is boiling, place the bowl in the wok, cover and steam for 8 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove, garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot .
Share It To Your Friends!