- 3 tablespoons canola oil or peanut oil
- 2 inch piece fresh ginger root, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 1 onion,diced
- 2 carrots around 4 inches will result half cup, diced
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup bean sprouts,1 handful
- 1 pound jumbo Raw Shrimp, with shells removed
- 1 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice Powder
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Place Raw Shrimp in a deep bowl and add in the Chinese Five Spice, Tomato Paste and Soy Sauce.Using a spoon or your hand,mix the Shrimp ingredients together until shrimp is thoroughly coated with the spices. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a medium sized pan and add in ginger. Fry ginger until golden brown or until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove the ginger from the oil and let drain on a paper towel.Add the onions and the carrots and stir fry for about 5 minutes. Add the peas and bean sprouts and stir fry for 2 minutes.Add in the shrimp and stir fry until shrimps are cooked through. Serve hot.
Source: The Skinny Pot
Share It To Your Friends!