- 1 lb. ground pork
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- 1 medium yellow onion, minced
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 ½ cups beef broth
- ¼ cup butter
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon beef powder
- 1 ¾ cup beef broth
- a dash of ground black pepper
- salt to taste (optional)
- 7 oz. canned button mushrooms, sliced
- Make the patty by combining all the pork patty ingredients in a large bowl, except for the cooking oil and beef broth. Mix well. Scoop ¼ cup of the mixture and roll into balls using your hands. Gently press to form the patties.
- Heat cooking oil in a wide pan
- Once the oil gets hot, pan fry one side of the pork burger patty in low to medium heat for 3 minutes. Flip the patty to cook the other side for another 3 minutes.
- Pour the beef broth in the pan. Cover the pan and continue to cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until the liquid almost dries out, but not completely. Turn the heat off and transfer to a plate. Let the burger soak on the remaining liquid.
- Prepare the mushroom gravy by melting butter in a saucepan.
- Add the flour and stir. Cook in low to medium heat while constantly stirring until a brown lump is formed.
- Pour-in beef broth. Stir.
- Add the beef powder and cook while stirring constantly until the texture becomes thick. Add more beef broth or water if needed.
- Sprinkle some ground black pepper and then add the mushrooms. Cook for 3 minutes. Taste the gravy and decide if salt is needed.
- Arrange the pork burger steak patties on a serving plate. Top with mushroom gravy.
Source:Philippines Food Recipe
Share It To Your Friends!