Pancit Palabok Sauce:
- 250 grams Ground lean pork
- 1 pack tofu, fried and cut into small cubes
- Fish sauce to taste
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 4 tbsp cornstarch dissolved in water
- Cooking Oil
- Annatto seeds soaked in water or oil (this is optional if you are using Palabok mix)
- 1 pack Pancit Palabok mix dissolved in water
- 500 grams cooked shrimp, shelled
- 4 pcs Tinapa (smoked fish), flaked
- Spring onions, chopped finely
- 1 pack chicharon, crushed finely
- 2-3 hard boiled eggs, cut into strips
- 6 cloves garlic, minced and fried
- Cooked squid, sliced into rings (optional)
- Calamansi (lemon), sliced
- Rice noodles, soaked in water for about 5-10 minutes then cooked in boiling water for about 2 minutes.
- Brown the garlic and onions in oil. Add the ground pork. Season with salt or Fish sauce to taste. When pork is slightly cooked, add the tofu and continue to saute. Add the Palabok mix in water and let it boil. Pour the cornstarch with water. You may add more water if the sauce is too thick. Let it boil but stir constantly to avoid lumps in the sauce. Remove from fire.
- In a dinner plate, place the desired serving of cooked noodles. Pour in the Palabok Sauce. Add all the toppings as desired. Squeeze in lemon to add taste before eating.
Share It To Your Friends!