- carrots cubed
- jicama cubed
- young corn (cut in the same size as the carrots/jicama)
- frozen green peas
- chicken breast cut into cubes
- small-medium prawns, shelled and deveined
- garlic (minced)
- onion (chopped)
- hard-boiled quail eggs (peeled)
- cornstarch (for thickening)
- salt and pepper
- * fish sauce (optional, alternative for salt)
- Sauté garlic without browning. Add the onions and sauté until translucent.
- Add the chicken and a little fish sauce. Add a dash of pepper.
- Sauté chicken until the meat turns white.
- Add a little water and simmer.
- Add the young corn and jicama, and simmer for a few minutes or until half cook (you want these vegetables cooked but still with a little crunch).
- Add the frozen peas and carrots. Simmer until carrots are a bit tender.
- Add the prawns and cook ’til they turn pink/orange.
- Add a mixture of water and cornstarch to thicken the sauce.
- Add quail eggs and simmer for a minute more or until the sauce thickens and becomes translucent.
- Serve hot.
Source: The Kitchen Invader
Share It To Your Friends!